Thomas J. Marusak (Tom) is the founder and President of Comfortex Corporation, an international manufacturer of decorative window covering products, employing over 300 people and headquartered in Maplewood, New York. Prior to starting Comfortex, he worked as Product Development Manager for Mechanical Technology Inc. in Latham, New York. Mr. Marusak was educated in the engineering and marketing fields. He earned degrees from Pennsylvania State University, an MS from Stanford University, and pursued an MBA at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
Mr. Marusak is very active in community and business organizations in New York’s Capital Region. In addition to his involvement with several Window Covering organizations, Mr. Marusak currently serves as a member of the Board of Directors of the Capital District Physicians Health Plan (CDPHP) and of Mechanical Technology Inc. (MTI).
Mr. Marusak formerly served as:
– President of the Chief Executive Network (CEN) for Manufacturing in the Capital Region.
– Chairman of the Center for Economic Growth (CEG).
– Member of the Board of Directors of the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority.
– Advisory board member of Dynabil Industries, Inc. and KeyBank of New York.
– Executive board member of Albany-Colonie Chamber of Commerce.
– A congressional appointee to the White House Council for Small Business.